Customize docs or templates for your organization
To let your team know that your organization is moving to Google Apps, use our enterprise deployment resources, which you can customize for your organization. To do this, open a template, make a copy, and add your own logo or change the text. You can then share it, link to it from your training site, or download it as a PDF, Microsoft Word, or HTML file.
We'll show you how to do this.
Step 1: Make a copy of the doc
- Sign in to your Google Apps account at admin.google.com.
- Open the doc you want to copy from this site.
Can't open one of our docs? Get help
- In the doc's File menu, choose Make a copy.
- In the "Copy Document?" dialog box, make sure you uncheck the Share it with the same people box. Then click OK.
- This opens a copy that’s just yours, which you can customize however you want.
Step 2: Customize your copy
Rename your doc by clicking its title at the top of the page. Then customize the content to reflect what you want to say. You can add a header, change the formatting, remove mention of a feature your organization isn't enabling, and so on.
Note: Some docs are templates that include information you need to change or add, such as your organization’s name or your existing email platform. These variables are often highlighted in pink text in square brackets, so you can quickly find and change them.
Image missing? If an image appears to be missing from your doc, reload the page in your browser. The missing image should appear.
Step 3: Create a PDF file of your doc (optional)
If you want to have some feedback on the document and allow others to make changes to it before you send it out to your entire organization, then skip to Step 4 to start sharing.
However, if your document is final and you’re ready to send it to your entire organization (and you don’t want anyone else to make changes to it), then you can share it as a PDF.
- To create a PDF file of your doc, open the copy of the doc you customized (see above for details).
- In the document's File menu, select Download as > PDF.
Step 4: Share the doc with your team
Once you're happy with the content of your doc, share it with your organization. Anyone on your team who’s signed in to their Google Apps account can click the link they receive in their inbox to view the doc.
- Open the doc and click Share at the top of the page.
- In the Share with others dialog box, click Advanced to give access to your entire organization.
- Under Who has access, click Change.
- Under Link Sharing, select the On - [your organization] option.;
- To make sure others can see but not make changes to your doc, leave the default Can view option in the Access: Anyone at [your organization] section of the dialog box.
- Click Save.
- If you want to add the link to this document from your intranet or from an email, click Share at the top of the page, then click Get shareable link. Copy this link and insert it in your website or email.